Calling C libraries from a Python script

François Pinard pinard at
Sun Apr 6 00:18:35 CEST 2003

[Tim Gahnström /Bladerman]

> "Joshua Goodlett" <joshua at> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to find examples of calling C library functions from within
> > a Python script.  Any advice or pointers on where to look for examples
> > would be appreciated.

> There is a whole chapter in the docs dedicated to the subject, Have a look
> at

Yet, this whole chapter does not hint at all (so far that I remember) to the
existing tools which are making this whole adventure all simpler.  Nowadays,
I doubt this is the best reference one should offer to a newcomer.

François Pinard