cgi.py -- anybody using it?

John J Lee jjl at pobox.com
Fri Apr 4 18:58:35 EST 2003

I just tried testing some HTML form upload code using cgi.py, and
discovered that it wants lower-case HTTP headers :-/

This is broken (unless I missed something in RFC 2616).  So, does anybody
actually use this module?

Maybe MSIE etc. always send lower-case headers, I don't remember, but it
seems odd that cgi.py gets this wrong after all this time.  I remember
filing a similar bug about another standard library web module, don't
remember which one now.

I'm in two minds about the 'batteries included' principle, but I suppose
there is no obvious best trade-off point between convenience and the
problems of maintainability, obsolescence, etc...

John