How many of you are Extreme Programmers?

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Fri Apr 25 10:58:35 EDT 2003

Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> writes:
[...]
> I think that key board layout is also a pain, but I disagree that things
> can't be unlearned. I got used to having the esc key on the right hand
> side of the keyboard and then switched, it was painful, but eventually
> my viing got better again. Those reflex things are hard, but certainly
> seem to be conquerable. I'm having the same sort of experience moving
> back and forth to a Mac wrt ctrl-C vs splat-C etc

The worst thing about Mac vs. PC keyboards is that Mac keyboards have
the home-key bumps on d and k, whereas PC keyboards have them on f and
j.  This really messes up my touch-typing.  I have no doubt I'd get
used to it eventually, though.

Sorry, utterly off-topic now...

The same goes for BASIC: I've thoroughly unlearned that, and Dijkstra
was wrong (if he was ever serious, which I guess he wasn't, really).

John