negative values in profile output

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sun Apr 6 13:03:16 EDT 2003

"Matthew M. Boedicker" <mboedick at mboedick.org> writes:

> When using the profile module to profile a long-running program,
> I am getting some negative values:
>
> 6753628 -4036.027   -0.001 -4036.027   -0.001 gobject_sql.py:36(<lambda>)
>
> Am I correct to assume these don't have special meaning and are the
> result of something wrapping?

They may be a result of mis-calibration of the profiler -- see the
docs.

Last time i used the profiler, I more-or-less ignored the values
output and just assumed I was doing the right thing when they got
smaller...

Cheers,
M.

--
  Haha! You had a *really* weak argument! <wink>
                                      -- Moshe Zadka, comp.lang.python