Zope authentication from python scripts

Kyler Laird Kyler at news.Lairds.org
Fri Apr 18 11:22:09 EDT 2003

Mike McGavin <jester at NOSPAM.mcsnospam.vuw.acNOSPAM.nz> writes:

>The specific problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how to get
>the code that handles the submitted web form to authenticate and log the
>user in so that Zope recognises an Authenticated User in the session.

It's left to a user folder of some ilk.  Take a look at
AccessControl/User.py.  To use your own authentication
scheme, you probably want something like Extensible User
Folder.
	http://exuserfolder.sourceforge.net/

I've only used standard HTTP authentication, but I think
these typically have hooks for cookie-based (ick)
authentication.

--kyler