Using __repr__ or __str__ for own printable class?

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Apr 18 14:01:08 EDT 2003

Steven Taschuk wrote:

> Reading this thread has made me wonder whether current practice is
> uniform.  It would not be desirable imho for the language
> reference to say, "people do different things with __repr__,
> including <list of three things>", and not endow one of them with
> some normative weight.
>
> ... How about this?  (Draft.)

That sounds far superior to the current documentation, since it is more
verbose about what __str__ and __repr__ are used for in the field.

/  \ If you think you're free, there's no escape possible.
\__/ Baba Ram Dass
    Esperanto reference / http://www.alcyone.com/max/lang/esperanto/
 An Esperanto reference for English speakers.