Tkinter exit problem in Win98

Avery Andrews andrews at pcug.org.au
Tue Apr 29 05:42:14 EDT 2003

Has anyone encountered a problem with Tkinter apps not shutting down
properly in Wi98?  I find that they (forex the hello example on pg 309 of
Learning Python, and some actually useful ones I have written) tend not to
terminate properly, but leave the Python window up and hard to close
(sometimes 3f salute/end task will shut it down, sometimes not).

This happens with a clean install of Win98, and both P22 and Py23b1.
Doesn't matter whether the script is run from a command window or by
clicking on the file name in the explorer.

 thanks
   Avery Andrews