Visio like library for Python?

Duncan Booth duncan at
Wed Apr 9 12:20:01 CEST 2003

skywalkerpackage at (Johannes Eble) wrote in
news:3e93e50f.676072541 at

> is there a library available for Python that behaves similar to MS
> Visio? For example, I would like to create vector graphic objects and
> connect the with a line. If I move, flip or rotate a connected object,
> the line should follow the connection.
> I would like to draw UML diagrams.

Maybe not quite what you asked but you might want to look at
ObjectDomain which is a UML diagram editor that is fully scriptable in
Python (or rather Jython).

> But the program is in c and it is tightly coupled with GTK+.
> It seems to be an impossible mission to control dia from
> another program, at least in Windows.

A quick look at the Dia website seems to indicate that DiaPython exists.

Duncan Booth
duncan at int month(char