Could Emacs be rewritten in Python?

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien at orbtech.com
Sun Apr 6 15:15:25 EDT 2003

Carl Banks <imbosol-1049649076 at aerojockey.com> writes:

> > Sound like fun?
>
> Sounds like a lot of refactoring.
>
> Here's how I would do it.  More experienced programmers, feel free to
> correct anything experience says won't work so well.

[great advice snipped]

Music to my ears.  That was the kind of feedback I was hoping to get.
Thank you very much, Carl.  The approach you described was one
approach I had in mind, but wasn't entirely sure was feasible, since I
haven't really delved into the internal of Emacs.  Of course, my
thoughts on the approach were very vague, while yours were very
specific.  You've given me some good things to think about.  Much
appreciated.

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech      http://www.orbtech.com/web/pobrien