"pythonic"

Dale Strickland-Clark dale at riverhall.NOTHANKS.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 17:22:55 EDT 2003

Afanasiy <abelikov72 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>Too many times now I have seen the term "pythonic" used to vaguely
>describe something which is never explicitly defined, as if it cannot be.
>
>Now it seems I can just replace "pythonic" with "my idea of utopia".
>
>I do not know if this ignorance, laziness, or a meme, but I would like
>to know if there a real definition of "pythonic". Anyone?

It's mostly guff; frequently used by people struggling to attain the
moral high ground to help justify their position.

Once they've validated their argument as 'pythonic', it becomes
blasphemous to adopt a counter stance.

The first to play the 'pythonic' card tends to win the argument.

However, 'premature pythonic' can alert the wary to an unskilled
player who may then be subject to more scrutiny than they'd like. A
subsequent 'false pythonic' can damage your credibility and make it a
right bitch to get taken seriously again.

Hope that helps.

--
Dale Strickland-Clark
Riverhall Systems Ltd