Off topic: What usenet news reader to use?

Nick Vargish nav at adams.patriot.net
Fri Apr 25 13:10:22 EDT 2003

You could use XEmacs/Gnus as your newsreader, which should work well
under most operating systems, including Win32. The learning curve is a
little steep, especially if you aren't already an Emacs user, but it's
a wonderful newsreader, with great editing features when you want to
post or reply.

As far as mail clients go, I don't know what to recommend. When last I
looked, none of the Emacs based mail readers did well with IMAP
accounts (though this oculd well have changed). At work we are forced
to use Outlook (*sigh*). I use a webmail client (IMP) to read my
personal mail when at work, and Evolution when at home, though the
stability issues of Evolution are starting to annoy me.

Nick

--
#include<stdio.h> /* SigMask 0.3 (sig.c) 19990429 PUBLIC DOMAIN "Compile Me" */
int main(c,v)char *v;{return !c?putchar(*v-1)&&main(0,v+ /* Tweaks welcomed. */