Nomad nomad*** at ***
Sun Apr 13 23:08:32 CEST 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:30:19 -0500, Skip Montanaro <skip at>

>    nomad> For future safety, it might be an idea to make it:
>    nomad>     PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:<colon-separated list of directories>
>    nomad>     export PYTHONPATH
>What's the interpretation of an empty element in $PYTHONPATH?

My thinking was rather that, if there was a system-wide $PYTHONPATH
set in /etc/profile, it would be overwriten by any $PYTHONPATH
statement in ~/.profile that didn't explicitly include it, and that
might bugger up other 3rd party modules.

Wondering of the vast emptyness of the 'net
in search of something cool.