Adding item in front of a list

Thomas Guettler pan-newsreader at thomas-guettler.de
Thu Apr 10 07:07:11 EDT 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:40:38 +0200, Duncan Booth wrote:

> Tim Peters <tim.one at comcast.net> wrote in
> news:mailman.1049902101.26281.python-list at python.org:
>
>> Guido says he also wishes list.insert() had been defined with the
>> arguments in the opposite order, so that list.insert(object) could have
>> a natural default index argument of 0.  I'd like to change that too,
>> but it's clearly too late for that one.
>>
> I don't actually see the problem with this. list.insert() currently
> takes exactly two arguments, therefore there would be no backwards
> compatibility issues with allowing it to take one or two arguments where
> a single argument acts as though you had given two but the first
> defaulted to 0. Just like 'range' does in fact!

I newer looked at the source of python, but I don't think that it would
be difficult. Should this become a PEP or can someone with write access to the
CSV just do it?

I am sorry if I don't respond in the next days. I am moving.

 thomas

--
Thomas Guettler <guettli at thomas-guettler.de>
http://www.thomas-guettler.de