Random web page?

Haran Shivanan hs2l2ATyahoodotcom at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 00:22:31 EDT 2003

module "Terry Hancock" core dumped with the following output:

> I know there's an X screensaver that does something like this to retrieve
> random images.  I doubt they were too concerned about even distribution,
> though.
I was actually going to suggest that X screensaver (webcollage).
It actually goes through some pains to get a random distribution from web-sites.
I forgot the exact heuristics used, but it basically discards any page that contains
content that might have lead to a bias in the search results.
The code's in perl and is documented enough to get a feel for it.

--
India and Pakistan may be the next countries to use nukes in war
but no one should forget who was first! "USA!, USA!, USA!"