Textbooks?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sun Apr 27 19:57:40 EDT 2003

In article <3EAC2962.2050609 at soraia.com>,
Joe Francia  <usenet at soraia.com> wrote:

>The Deitels have a textbook called _Python How to Program_ that is aimed
>at beginning programmers.  I'm not sure how good/bad it is.  Three out
>of four reviewers on Amazon seem to like it (the fourth guy gave it one
>star based on its lack of Perl coverage).

If you Google through the history of c.l.py, you'll find many people
giving it a thumbs-down.

"In many ways, it's a dull language, borrowing solid old concepts from
many other languages & styles:  boring syntax, unsurprising semantics,
few automatic coercions, etc etc.  But that's one of the things I like
about it."  --Tim Peters on Python, 16 Sep 93