Zope, Relative Object Calls

John Withers withers_jp at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 14:01:25 EDT 2003

I am trying to create object calls in Zope that are relative and can't
figure out how to do it.

In the application I am working on, tags like the following appear:
<dtml-var "apps.profile.forms.rpt_fetchallrefs(_.None,_,aboutnum=_['serialnum'])">

And this rev of my application lives at /apps/profile.

Now, I am trying to create multiple versions of this application in an
itterative development processs, so the next version lives at
/apps/profile_01, then /apps/profile_02 and so on. The problem is,
this call hardwires me to /apps/profile/forms/rpt_fetchallrefs. There
are quite a few of these calls and I don't want to ahve to change them
manually for each version we are doing.

I am trying to get something like a relative anchor, where:
everything into a new directory or renaming directories further up the
structure.

I suspect that this is a pretty simple thing I am somehow missing,
since it seems an obvious and utilitarian feature.

Thanks for your help.

John P. Withers