Overloadable Assignment PEP

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Apr 4 08:09:17 EST 2003

drew at astro.pas.rochester.edu (Drew Moore) writes:

> I'd like this PEP to go one of two ways..
> either implementation,
> or a good solid technical reason why its a bad idea.

How about: it involves changing the language into something it's not.

For a more technical sounding reason, how do you cope with the fact
that `=' can both establish and change a binding?

Cheers,
M.

--
  If you don't have friends with whom to share links and conversation,
  you have social problems and you should confront them instead of