Stackless 3.0 alpha 1 at blinding speed

Mike Rovner mike at bindkey.com
Mon Apr 21 19:04:40 EDT 2003

The Python problem with continuation is IMHO they downgrade the language
level instead of upgrading it. They are so 'basic' that, like macros, tend
to make Python too fluid and thus unmaintainable and bad for understanding.

>From the other hand most agree that they are a brilliant idea which may lead
to some good extensions and abilities.

So from recent mentioned "On Lisp" book "The best programming language
abstractions save not just typing, but thought."

In my opinion continuations are good not per se but for their abilities to
build better abstractions that leverage our thoughts, which may be state
machine or a tree structure as a language primitives.

So the whole discussion may be split to implementation part (and moved to
comp.python.devel) and concept abstraction part which unfortunately was not
even started (that shows the subject immaturity).

my 0.02

Mike