Promoting Python

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Fri Apr 11 17:15:36 CEST 2003

"Thomas Guettler" <pan-newsreader at thomas-guettler.de> wrote in message
news:pan.2003.04.11.09.17.46.771369.890 at thomas-guettler.de...
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 05:34:35 +0200, Kevin Altis wrote:
>
> > One of the hot topics at PyCon was Promoting Python.
> > I would like to invite you to join the marketing-python list if you're
> > interested in contributing ideas
>
> [cut]
>
> I think python is a very good language for education. You could get in
> contact with local schools.

Thanks for the suggestion Thomas. Kirby Urner, who is quite active on
edu-sig has already agreed to lead the charge in promoting Python in
education. Suggestions can be passed onto Kirby via the edu-sig mailing list
and as progress is made it will get posted to edu-sig and the
marketing-python lists.