Updating CVS

Mike uptonothing at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 14:05:05 EDT 2003

"Thomas Guettler" <pan-newsreader at thomas-guettler.de> wrote in message
news:pan.2003.04.07.19.52.22.351156.788 at thomas-guettler.de...
> On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 18:35:13 +0200, Mike wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wrote the following python web script to update a CVS directory and I
> > don't receive any errors when executing it; however, the directory
> > doesn't update.
> >
> > #!/usr/bin/python
> >
> > import cgi, os, urllib, sys
>
> Since you import cgi, I assume you are writing a cgi script.
>
> Which web server do you use?
>
> Try running the script from the shell.
>
> Have a look at the error log of you web server.
>
> You can run the script in a wrapper like this. This
> result in error pages which are displayed in the browser:
>
> #!/usr/bin/python
> import cgi
>

> def main():
>     print "Content-Type: text/html\n"
>     try:
>                 import quizpy
>                 print quizpy.main()
>     except:
>                 cgi.print_exception()
>
> main()
>

>  thomas
>
> BTW: The subject of your post is not very good, since it is a cgi problem.
>
> --
> Thomas Guettler <guettli at thomas-guettler.de>
> http://www.thomas-guettler.de

The line "sys.stderr = sys.stdin" redirects any errors to the browser. My
question is less cgi and more cvs. I guess I didn't state it clear enough. I
just want to know why the previous script doesn't update my CVS directory.
Is it because I trying to run in from a web script and not as myself being
logged in? I'm using an Apace web server running on Solaris.

Mike