python registry file

Lichtenstein, Mark (Contractor) mlichten at harris.com
Tue Apr 22 09:53:05 EDT 2003

I am using python 2.1 and I would like to find out the best way to set the
registry file for the python.cachedir property.
For users running NT I can set this property on a Unix shared drive to C:\temp
and this works fine. In this case each
user will use their personal drive and there would be no users step on each
other writing to the packages directory.
However, On Solaris (Unix), we are worried that Python may not be set up for
multi-user use for the python.cachedir
files. We can go to version 2.2 if there is a better multi-user solution in that
version.

What is everyone else out there doing with this setting?

Thank you,

Mark Lichtenstein
Harris Corporation