Python FAQ (Was: Re: Confusion: assignments create object references.)

Aahz aahz at
Tue Apr 15 14:04:04 CEST 2003

In article <slrnb9kveb.1q1.rmunn at localhost.localdomain>,
Robin Munn  <rmunn at> wrote:
>In fact, the Python FAQ needs some trimming, IMHO. With the "Programming
>in Python" section containing over 100 questions, few are going to have
>the patience to sit down and read the entire list to see if their
>question is on the list. Thus we get the same questions over and over in
>the newsgroup. The FAQ is not serving its purpose.
>I am not suggesting we get rid of the information currently contained
>in the FAQ, but we should probably refactor the FAQ into two levels: one
>for the truly frequently-asked questions, and one for "Here are more
>questions that crop up from time to time; look through this for useful
>nuggets of information." I think a shorter FAQ would be read a lot more

"What 'we', white man?"

The webmasters would love for someone to do this work.  Any
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz,, 2/4/2002