unused args in GUI callbacks: pychecker

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Tue Apr 22 17:14:44 EDT 2003

george young wrote:

> So, is there a way to define a python(member) function and tell
> python to ignore particular arguments? [so that pychecker could
> ignor them too...]

A quick check of the pychecker help (--help) indicates that the
-E/--unusednames option is what you want.  By default it will already
ignore arguments named _, empty, unused, and dummy.

> I recall that C++ had a way to tell the compiler this.

C++ is just the language, so it was just a particular compiler that you
are referring to with that feature.

/  \ There are defeats more triumphant than victories.
\__/ Montaigne
    Discord / http://www.alcyone.com/pyos/discord/
 Convert dates from Gregorian to Discordian.