Making python module using Borland C++ 5

Rami Saarinen rs55862 at NOSPAMyahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 08:08:11 EDT 2003

Anders J. Munch wrote:

>>I am trying to build a simple module for python (2.1.1) using the
>>Borland C++ Builder 5.
>

> Piece of cake with distutils, assuming you're just writing an
> ordinary extension module, and not trying to embed Python in your
> application.
>
> Just write a setup.py and run it with --compiler=bcpp.

Ah, the bcpp option is good to know. Thanks. I did build the module with
VC++ using the "python setup.py  build". However the problem is that
I'll be using modified Python that includes custom Python21.lib and the
include-files. At this point I am just trying to get it work with normal
Python installation so that I know I am doing it right before trying to
do it on the custom system. Thus I need to learn how to do it by hand.

I have compiled the standard CLIPS 6.2 as a static library which I
include along with the python21.lib.

--
Rami Saarinen