How to compile a python script to *.pyo

Nagy László Zsolt nagylzs at freemail.hu
Thu Apr 3 13:37:24 EST 2003

>>danny at iamlearning.com wrote:
>>

>>>I want my users run *.pyo or *.pyc files instead of *.py.
>>>

>>To expand on Jp's response a little: please explain why you think
>>you want this, so we can better understand the need that's driving it.
>>Maybe you are trying to do something you shouldn't be trying
>>to do, or maybe you're just going about it the wrong way.  What
>>makes you think doing what you are asking is a good thing?
>>
>>-Peter
>>

>I am working in test environment, and I didn't like testers alter my
>script (this happened to me). Basicly, I want my scripts are under control
>with my knowledge. If the problem come up, I know where to start
>troubleshooting.

You should sing your code in a way. E.g. with M2Crypto or PyCrypto. You
can keep your private key's
password. You can re-sign your files when you distribute them to testers
and you can check anytime if they
changed something. Note: you should include a last modification date in
your file to be totally secure
because they are able to replace a file/signature pair with an older
pair of the same file.

  Laci 1.0