unused args in GUI callbacks: pychecker

george young gry at ll.mit.edu
Tue Apr 22 14:52:18 EDT 2003

[python-2.3a1, pychecker-0.8.12]

I've started using pychecker a lot.  It has guided me to substantially
improve my code.  BUT: the "Parameter (event) not used" messages
for GUI(pygtk) callbacks are driving me crazy.  I could turn off
*all* "parameter unused" messages, but some might be useful.

So, is there a way to define a python(member) function and tell
python to ignore particular arguments? [so that pychecker could
ignor them too...]

I recall that C++ had a way to tell the compiler this.

-- George

--
 I cannot think why the whole bed of the ocean is
 not one solid mass of oysters, so prolific they seem. Ah,