Why functional Python matters

laotseu bdesth at removethis.free.fr
Thu Apr 17 09:56:35 EDT 2003

Michael Hudson wrote:
> laotseu <bdesth at removethis.free.fr> writes:
>

>>Paul Foley wrote:

>>>Oh yes?  Which functional language would that be?
>>>

>>CLOS means Common Lisp Object System.
>

> Paul knows that :-)

He does. Some may not...

> I'd wager the point he was making is that Common
> Lisp isn't "really" a functional programming language...

Ho yes ? Why ? Because it doesn't enforce a strict functionnal
programming style ? In this case, Python is not "really" an object
oriented language !-)

AFAIK, Common Lisp support all the features that make the definition of
a functionnal language, so it *is* a functionnal language.

> Ocaml would be a better example, I'd have thought.

Let's say another example...

Laotseu