Recursive Algorithm getting stuck (because of Python Limits?)

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Mon Apr 28 10:52:26 EDT 2003

You're creating close to a million objects in that tree for depth=8,
that takes >233MB on my machine and 98s.  I'd guess your machine is just
going into swapping fits or the like when it starts running out of
memory.  By the way, doing this can get you down to 81MB and 46s for the
same depth under Python 2.2.2:

class Node(object):
    __slots__ = ('childNodes',)

Good luck,