"pythonic"

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Thu Apr 17 04:09:09 EDT 2003

Afanasiy wrote:

> Too many times now I have seen the term "pythonic" used to vaguely
> describe something which is never explicitly defined, as if it cannot
> be.
>
> Now it seems I can just replace "pythonic" with "my idea of utopia".
>
> I do not know if this ignorance, laziness, or a meme, but I would like
> to know if there a real definition of "pythonic". Anyone?

Your characterization is not entirely inappropriate.  People use the
term to mean "that which seems to follow good style laid about by the
language Python."  There's no yes or no here; it's a judgement call.

/  \ Can I walk with you / 'Till the day that my heart stops beating
\__/ India Arie
    Polly Wanna Cracka? / http://www.pollywannacracka.com/
 The Internet resource for interracial relationships.