Cygwin Python regression testers wanted

Pete Forman pete.forman at westerngeco.com
Sat Apr 5 16:06:58 EST 2003

Jason Tishler <jason at tishler.net> wrote in message news:<mailman.1049385789.4709.python-list at python.org>...
> I'm in the process of updating the Cygwin section of the official Python
> README.  Since I only have access to Windows NT 4.0 and 2000, I am
> seeking Cygwin Python regression testers for the following Windows
> platforms:

Here is my report.  I did rebaseall as requested.  4 tests were
excluded.  There is only 64M of memory on this PC which might account
for test_mmap failing.

W95 OSR2
cygwin-1.3.22-1
python-2.2.2-7

3 tests were excluded due to invalid page faults:
    test_fork1 test_popen2 test_pty
1 test was excluded due to a hang:
    test_hotshot

163 tests OK.
3 tests failed:
    test_dircache test_mmap test_socket
23 tests skipped:
    test_al test_cd test_cl test_curses test_dbm test_dl test_email
    test_email_codecs test_gl test_imgfile test_largefile
    test_linuxaudiodev test_locale test_minidom test_nis test_pyexpat
    test_sax test_socket_ssl test_socketserver test_sunaudiodev
    test_unicode_file test_winreg test_winsound

test test_dircache failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/tmp/python.676/usr/lib/python2.2/test/test_dircache.py", line
55, in test_listdir
    self.assertEquals(entries, ['test1'])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/unittest.py", line 286, in failUnlessEqual
    raise self.failureException, \
AssertionError: [] != ['test1']

test test_mmap crashed -- exceptions.EnvironmentError: [Errno 12] Not
enough core

test test_socket crashed -- socket.herror: (4, 'No address associated
with name')

test test_al skipped -- No module named al
test test_cd skipped -- No module named cd
test test_cl skipped -- No module named cl
test test_curses skipped -- Use of the `curses' resource not enabled
test test_dbm skipped -- No module named dbm
test test_dl skipped -- No module named dl
test test_email skipped -- No module named test.test_email
test test_email_codecs skipped -- No module named
test.test_email_codecs
test test_gl skipped -- No module named gl
test test_imgfile skipped -- No module named imgfile
test test_largefile skipped -- filesystem does not have largefile
support
test test_linuxaudiodev skipped -- No module named linuxaudiodev
test test_locale skipped -- test locale en_US not supported
test test_minidom skipped -- dlopen: Win32 error 1157
test test_nis skipped -- No module named nis
test test_pyexpat skipped -- dlopen: Win32 error 1157
test test_sax skipped -- no XML parsers available
test test_socket_ssl skipped -- Use of the `network' resource not
enabled
test test_socketserver skipped -- Use of the `network' resource not
enabled
test test_sunaudiodev skipped -- No module named sunaudiodev
test test_unicode_file skipped -- No Unicode filesystem semantics on
this platform.
test test_winreg skipped -- No module named _winreg
test test_winsound skipped -- No module named winsound

--
Pete Forman                -./\.-  Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                  -./\.-   by myself and does not represent