How to protect python code ?

Kyler Laird Kyler at news.Lairds.org
Mon Apr 7 17:23:06 EDT 2003

claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) writes:

>I exaggerate a bit.  There are indeed legitimate roles
>for obfuscating technologies.  Managers think they're
>far more common than is true, though, and programmers
>far, FAR overestimate the objective value of source
>code.

Hey, I program and I think source code is *extremely*
valuable!  It's rare that I can be convinced to use
software for which I can not get the source code.  I
certainly wouldn't ever want to *depend* on software
that I can't control.

What kind of business *pays* to become dependent on
software they don't control?!

--kyler