"Automation" of OpenOffice apps via Python?

Alessandro Bottoni alessandro.bottoni at infinito.it
Sun Apr 6 06:12:14 EDT 2003

I'm in the need of remote-controlling OpenOfficeWriter and others OpenOffice
applications from a custom program and I wonder if there is any way to acces
the OpenOffice API from Python. The "at a glance" presentation of OpenOffice
SDK/API tells that that is possible but I'm unable to find any further
instruction.

Does anybody know if there is a specific Python binding for the OpenOffice
API? Or is the API accessible from the "standard"  versions of Python and
OpenOffice via... via what? CORBA? XPCOM? DCOP? Telnet?! What else?

Many thanks in advance for you attention.

Alessandro Bottoni