Trying to run Boa Constructor on Windows

Cliff Wells LogiplexSoftware at
Tue Apr 1 01:54:41 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 15:07, jennyw wrote:
> I've read messages that say that Boa Constructor won't run on Windows
> using the latest wxPython (the error message is: "global name 'string'
> is not defined").
> The suggested version to use is wxPython -- but the oldest
> version I can find on sourceforge is  Any suggestions?
> The alternative I've heard is to get Boa out of CVS ... I'd rather run
> a released version, although at .2 maybe it doesn't make a huge
> difference?
> Any tips would be appreciated!

Get the latest wxPython (, IIRC) and get Boa Constructor from
CVS.  There's been a lot of changes the last couple of weeks for both

Cliff Wells, Software Engineer
Logiplex Corporation (
(503) 978-6726 x308  (800) 735-0555 x308