ctypes 0.6.0 released

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Tue Apr 29 19:39:19 CEST 2003

    'ctypes' is a Python package to create and manipulate C data types
    in Python, and to call functions in dynamic link libraries/shared
    dlls. It allows wrapping these libraries in pure Python.

    It works on Windows, Linux and MacOS X (the latter two require that
    your machine is supported by libffi).

    *ctypes version 0.6.0 has been released*, and the documentation has
    been updated.

    There have been some (also incompatible) changes, but I'm quite
    pleased with the result: ctypes is much more consistent than before.

    A proof-of-concept COM framework has been implemented, and added to
    the package. It is in an early stage, although usable, and I would
    like experienced COM developers to look at it, and submit feedback.