a new pythonista?

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Apr 28 16:58:58 EDT 2003

Dale Strickland-Clark wrote:

> Watch out for Livewires, though. It's blatant religious evangelistic
> twaddle wrapped in a veneer of respectable education.
>
> Too much of that stuff and your intellect takes a dive. Telltale signs
> include your spelling of simple words like 'stuff', 'because' and
> 'cool' goes all to Hell.

Hmmm... I can't tell whether that site would affect a child's spelling,
but judging by the pages on Python, it seems your assertion is somewhat
unwarranted as a generalization.  Check out pages like this:

  http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/spec-v1.txt

or their licence at:

  http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/licence.html

These pages seem no different than pages with similar purposes on other
sites which have no (apparent) religious affiliation whatsoever.

Dale, you might have a stick up your butt about religion(*), but please
don't steer someone away from a good Python resource without more
to say against it than that you don't think highly of the methods of
the organization behind it.

-Peter

(*) I'm about as atheistic as they come, so please don't bother attacking
me on that front either....