Zope style (was: tuning our site (was: help! advocacy resources needed fast))

Kyler Laird Kyler at news.Lairds.org
Thu Apr 3 13:23:02 EST 2003

claird at lairds.com (Cameron Laird) writes:

>Interesting!  I want to be clear on the work-flow; you'd edit
>and preview in HomeSite, then switch back to the Zope manage-
>ment screens, and use the "Upload File" selection to update
>the site itself--do I have that right?  Have I just demon-
>strated my ignorance of some far slicker interface?

Yes, WebDAV.  I don't know about HomeSite, but at Purdue (where
I am no longer) there was work toward allowing users to do such
things using Macromedia/MS products.  (FTP is also an option,
but I refused to stoop to using FTP.)

>To me, that prospect seems frustratingly clumsy.

Using WebDAV and an "HTML editor" with which someone is already
familiar is a cheap way to get some users to maintain their own
content.  Using Page Templates allows dynamic pieces to be
added and not be destroyed in the editing process.

...or so I'm told...

--kyler