Terminal Emulation

Hans-Joachim Widmaier hjwidmaier at web.de
Mon Apr 14 07:40:22 EDT 2003

Jp Calderone <exarkun at intarweb.us> wrote in message news:<mailman.1050260060.17218.python-list at python.org>...
[is there a terminal widget?]

>   Paul Swartz has done some work in this area, based off the Tk Canvas
> widget, for a "GUI" ssh client he wrote.  The relevant bits are distributed
> with Twisted, in the conch/ui package.
>
>   It is very slow, but I think it supports a lot of vt100.  It might be
> worth basing your work off of.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've glimpsed at it. As I see it, it
doesn't do much more than color escapes. And "very slow" is not
exactly a virtue I really want it to have. But it's still a good
starting point (the best I have). Maybe a good idea to use the canvas
widget.

It'll be some time until I really have to start with that program.

Thanks again,
Hans-Joachim