Classes in Python

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Fri Apr 18 13:07:50 EDT 2003

Quoth Bill Martin:
> I'm wondering about the value of allowing a class definition like this:
>
>              class C:
>                pass
>
> [...] I know there must be a
> reason that python allows this kind of thing that I described, but I
> can't figure out what that reason could be. [...]

One slightly different form which I find very useful:

    class HullBreachError(Exception):
        pass

Everything I need is inherited from Exception, with the (ahem)
exception that I want this type of error to be a distinct class,
so try: ... except HullBreachError: ... works.

Steven Taschuk                               staschuk at telusplanet.net
"What I find most baffling about that song is that it was not a hit."
                                          -- Tony Dylan Davis (CKUA)