Pythonic way of web-programming

Aahz aahz at
Sat Apr 5 17:25:38 CEST 2003

In article <mailman.1049537111.4041.python-list at>,
Bo M. Maryniuck <b.maryniuk at> wrote:
>On Friday 04 April 2003 19:32, Aahz wrote:
>> Probably the "standard" answers these days for the basic building block
>> of a web application is either Zope (if you want a full-blown framework
>> for content management)
>Zope ain't just a "full-blown framework for content management". This what
>CMF-like or KONTENTOR-like products does. Zope is an application server,
>where you can build anything for web you want, even intergrate it with J2EE

While true, my impression has been that most people choose solutions
other than Zope unless they need at least some content management.
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz,, 2/4/2002