widget like listview

vivek kumar gupt_vive at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 21 04:48:03 EDT 2003

dear richard,

  THX for the info. But this MCScrolledListBox has two drawbacks (according
to my project)..

1. Once you have fixed the widths of the columns the user can not chnage the
widths of the columns as per his/her preference.

2. What about linux. As this module uses the win32all extensions. the code
no more remains portable. Currently whatever i have coded i have coded
keeping in mind that i have to run the application on both windows and
linux.

>If what you require is a multi-column list widget, then try
>MCScrolledListBox widget from the PmwContribD package.

>See http://pmwcontribd.sourceforge.net/
>and http://sourceforge.net/projects/pmwcontribd/

>You need to have Pmw installed to be able to use it.

This was very much helpful for me. if you haven't provided this i would have
been doing some crazy stuff to debug the code..

>There is a bug when used with Pmw 1.1 due to a name clash. A simple
>workaround is to replace the 2 occurrences of 'vertscrollbar' in
>MCScrollListBox.py with a different name e.g. 'mcvertscrollbar'.

THX,
Vivek Kumar

Gizmo freak? See what's the hottest. http://www.msn.co.in/Computing/Gizmos/
Read product reviews.