ZODB: Quixote vs. Twisted

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Apr 1 07:45:14 EST 2003

Thomas Guettler wrote:

> I think about moving from Zope to
> ZODB and (Quixote or Twisted).
>
> I looked at zope3 but it seems very bloated.
>
> Up to now Zope seems the best http server for ZODB.
>
> Has anyone experience with serving an application
> which uses ZODB as database backend but does not use Zope?

What goes in the database in the case you envision?  Is it
*content* as in content management as in how Zope did it,
or are you looking at a more traditional web server approach
where the database is just used to store, for example, user
data and such?

We've successfully connected Twisted to ZODB, as a quick
experiment (it takes, like, five minutes, right?) but haven't
grokked enough of Twisted yet to conclude what approach should
be taken for content management.

-Peter