Python in HTML files

Em mcclaine at comcast.net
Thu Apr 17 01:00:00 EDT 2003

I'm trying to get Python commands to run from within HTML files (a la
PHP) or at least simulate that behavior.

 From what I've found so far it looks like I need to have a lot more
permissions than I do. Basically I have access to a /public_html
directory with a CGI-BIN and that's it. I can't copy any files outside
of my /public_html directory.

So my question is, do you know of any technologies like this that are
not Servlets and do not copy files outside a locked-down user's profile?