PyQT and Eric

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 18:35:02 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 8:00 pm, Daniele Trovato wrote:
> @Phil   I hope the answers helpful enough !
>
> > What version of PyQt?
>
> 3.5-54
>
> > python -c "from qt import qVersion, PYQT_VERSION"
>
> Traceback (most recent call last)
> File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qt.py", line 39, in ?
> import libqtc
> ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libqtcmodule.so: undefined
> symbol: _ZNK16QAssistantClient9classNameEv

The problem is your Qt installation. It has been built and installed to a
separate location (rather then left in situ) which means that the library
containing QAssistantClient has been stripped of too many symbols. I think
the problem has been fixed in Qt v3.1.2.

I can only suggest raising it as a bug with your distro provider, or
rebuilding Qt.

Phil