Object Craft MSSQL for Python 2.2 on Win32

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Wed Apr 16 03:31:13 EDT 2003

Does anyone have a version of Dave Cole's mssql module compiled
against the Python 2.2 libraries on Win32? I don't have access to a C
compiler here, and I really want to migrate to Python 2.2, not least
because several modules and snippets coming out now are Py22-specific.
I could go to the source, obviously, but I thought I'd ask around
first.

<plug for MSSQL module - reads a bit like an advert, but so what?>

As a database developer maintaining apps on half a dozen MS Sql Server
databases here, this module is a godsend. None of our apps is written
in Python, but I use it in all sorts of ways: occasional housekeeping;
generating pages for the intranet (MSSQL & Andy Dustman's HyperText);
an invaluable sql-to-excel routine (MSSQL, win32com and wxPython); a
series of display boards for the sales teams (PyGame, MSSQL and Pyro);
PDF documentation for the database (MSSQL and ReportLab); and... well,
you get the idea.

I've been using the MSSQL module for two years and it's never broken
on me, not once. Which is a testament both to the stability and ease
of extension of Python and the skills of the Object Craft people, to
whom I raise my hat in thanks.

</plug>

Tim Golden