Making python module using Borland C++ 5

Rami Saarinen rs55862 at
Wed Apr 9 13:17:58 CEST 2003

>>> Please have a look at:
>> I finally managed to build the module using bcpp. Thank you Anton and
>> Anders. It was all about including the EXPORT initpyclips=_initpyclips
>> in a def file (see the link above).
> Why don't you just use disutils? It will work without any further setup,
> then. All you need to read is the part of the Python documentation about
> using non-MS compilers on Windows.

(I am involved in a research project and currently just trying to find
out what can and cannot be done.)

The main reson is that I am going to use the module (if possible) within
a custom python system (see for more, if interested) that
probably does not include distutils. I will have a look later on, but
currently I was able to compile and link the module using Borland C++
builder 5 so that it does work on normal Python installation. However
there seems to be some other things to consider when using the custom

I may later try to find out if there is distutils on the custom system,
altough I am pretty sure that it does not include python in any other
way than embedded in the rest of the system. Currently the problem lies

I have nothing against Distutils, I'd be glad to use it if possible. :)

Rami Saarinen