True/False

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue Apr 22 14:29:54 EDT 2003

I've been using True and False for a while now, and I put this at the
top of my files:

True, False = 1==1, 0==1

But people seem concerned about this with Python 2.3.  I don't think
they should be concerned, while I'm reassigning True and False, I'm not
redefining them.  I could add something like:

import sys
if sys.version_info < (2, 3):
    True, False = 1==1, 0==1

But I *so* don't want to do this.  Is there any reason why reassigning
True and False will be a problem in the future?  Should I tell people
who are putting in version tests that it isn't necessary?

  Ian