[Newbie] Opinions on GUI and distribution

Jane Doe jane.doe at acme.com
Fri Apr 4 14:32:20 EST 2003

Hi,

	I'd like to check if Python is a viable alternative to
VisualBasic to develop stand-alone apps for Windows, and I did read
the archives and stuff on the Web about those issues but... I'd like
some feedback from people experienced with this kind of developement.

1. How easy is it to build and deploy Python apps on hosts that either
have nothing pre-installed (ei. Python itself, the GUI framework, and
my scripts), or need some updates (ie. my scripts in a newer version)?

2. Are the GUI frameworks currently available (win32all as part of
ActivePython, wxWindows, PyGTK, PythonQT, etc.) really good enough to
build professional applications?

3. What about performance as compared to VB, VC++ or PowerBasic?

Thx much for any infos
JD.