Python and Schools

Paul Watson pwatson at redlinec.com
Fri Apr 11 14:24:02 EDT 2003

Were you required to learn how to refine crude oil into petrol before you
were taught how to drive a car?

Surely you must have studied the basic physics of fluid mechanics before you
could be successful in the WC.

We need to teach students correct design priciples to build something
greater than what already exists.  We will never get very far if we require
everyone to start with a quark or atom.  Yes, of course we need some people
who design silicon and create microcode.  They will learn the low-level
details what they need to know as they need it.  Knowing great design and
organization principles will enable them to make the most of it.

news:Xns935A6D886AC5cpl19ghumspamgourmet at 62.153.159.134...