Wraparound problems with time.clock() on Linux

Fernando Perez fperez528 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 12:51:26 EDT 2003

Carsten Gaebler wrote:

>> Anyone know of a reliable way to time long-running codes?
>
> Without having tested it for more than 72 minutes, I'd try
> resource.getrusage().

Thanks for the suggestion, it worked wondefully.  I just ran some tests with
a code which took a few hours on a 2.4 Ghz P-4, and the results are
perfect.  As an added bounus, I get discriminated user/system timing info,
which is useful to detect bottlenecks in my code.  This code should be cpu
bound, so if there's any amount of significant system time I know I need to
pay attention.

For reference, in case somebody finds it useful, I'm attaching the new Timer
module which uses resource.

Cheers,

f.