How to protect python code ? (fwd)

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Tue Apr 8 02:48:58 EDT 2003

msw <markscottwright at hotmail.com> wrote previously:
|Maybe, but since I'm the only one here who's read the requirements
|document, I submit that I'm the only one qualified to suggest a software
|design, no matter how limited my intelligence.

I'm sure I speak for all the other posters in saying that it is not that
we think you are wrong in your ability to read the requirements
document--it is the requirements document that is wrong in the
presuppositions it makes.

I've read enough of those things in my time to know that a requirments
document never says what it means, nor ever means what it says.  You
might not get fired for writing a program that meets spec, but you sure
as heck won't get promoted for doing so.

In any case, a number posters have provided you with way more than the
amount of information needed for you to develop "protected code."
You're right that no one is volunteering to do your (paid?) job for
you... but it's not exactly *difficult* to modify the behavior of
__import__() a little bit.

Yours, Lulu...

--
 mertz@  _/_/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: \_\_\_\_    n o
gnosis  _/_/             Postmodern Enterprises            \_\_